This website ("Site") is owned and operated by National Healthcare Institute, LLC., P.O. Box 140214, Coral Gables, FL 33114, USA ("National Healthcare Institute," "NHI," "we," "us" or "our").
We are committed to adhere to established privacy standards and to protect the content of this Site, including material owned by us and those provided by affiliated companies or licensors.
NHI will never sell participant lists to outside parties. In rare instances when NHI wishes to share participant information with a 3rd party, NHI will only do so if participants grant explicit permission to have the contact information shared.
This Site automatically collects information on our server logs from learner web browser regarding learner use of the Site. Examples of information we collect automatically from all users include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect learner computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and full Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time, and content learner viewed or searched for on the Site.
This Site also collects information through the use of "cookies." Cookies are anonymous, unique alphanumeric identifiers sent to learner browser from a web site's computers and stored on learner computer's hard drive. The type of information we collect as a result of a cookie being stored on learner computer is specific to learner computer. We use "session" cookies to collect information about learner use of the Site (e.g., whether learner are logged in) and so that learner may view courses or other records and browse from page to page. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when learner close learner browser. We use "persistent" cookies to give learner a more personalized browsing experience and help learner navigate the Site more efficiently.
We collect and use, and may from time to time supply third parties with, this information only as anonymous, aggregated user data for the purposes of usage analysis, quality control and administering and improving the Site.
Learner can prevent learner browser from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify learner when learner receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether by accessing learner browser's preferences menu. If learner choose to disable cookies altogether, learner can use the Site but will not be able to make a purchase, register, login to the Site with a personal User Name and Password, or make use of the advanced personalization features of the Site, although the basic features and functionality offered to unregistered users of the Site will be possible to use.
Collection and Registration of Personal Information
We sometimes request users of the Site to provide personal information. The information collected from a user is strictly voluntary and may include contact information such as the user's name, e-mail address, and postal address.
In order to access certain content and to make use of the full functionality and advanced personalization features in the Site such as courses, and purchase history, we may ask learner to register and obtain a personal User Name and Password. Learner may be prompted to register when learner:
- Choose the "Register" link from a course description page or login screens
- Order a course or Certificate Program
- Use personalization features
- Opt to receive our Newsletter
The information collected from the registration form that is presented to users when they choose to register may include contact information such as the user's name, e-mail address, postal address, work setting, job title, profession, principal professional field, subject area of interest, and country ("Registration Information"). The Registration Information is linked directly to a personal User Name and Password and can only be retrieved by supplying the correct User Name and Password that is linked to that profile.
How Personal Information Is Used
We use the personal information that learner provide for such purposes as:
- completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order, or responding to learner requests or inquiries.
- website and system administration, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of Site activity by the Site or its agents
- research and development to enhance, evaluate and improve the Site and our services
- tailoring or customizing content or design of the Site during a single visit to the Site and individualized personalization of the Site on repeat visits
- pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting
- communicating with learner about changes or updates to the Site and our services and, with learner consent, special offers, promotions or market research surveys
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Access to learner personal information is restricted to our employees, agents, representatives and service providers, such as our data processing, printing and fulfillment operations and entities for whom we are acting as an agent or publisher, such as societies and our affiliated group companies, for the purposes set forth above.
With learner consent, we also may share learner personal information with our affiliated group companies and/or with non-affiliated third parties that wish to send learner information about their products and services that may be of interest to learner, and users who have consented to receive such information may receive communications from these third parties. If learner wishes us to pass learner’s personal information to third parties, learner will check the appropriate box when learner register for personalized services.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without learner consent except under the following circumstances:
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law; and
- if National Healthcare Institute, this Site or related assets or line of business are acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Access and Changes to Learner Registration Information and Newsletter Preferences
Registered Users may access their identified contact information and other Registration Information and correct any discrepancies or update information by clicking the "Edit learner Profile" link. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users.
If learner wish to receive alerts, newsletters, new product announcements, market surveys, special offers or promotions, please visit http://www.NHInstitute.com. If learner wish to cease receiving any of this information, contact us by email at support@NHInstitute.com and request to "opt-out" or unsubscribe from further notifications. We reserve the right to notify learner of changes or updates to the Site whenever necessary.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain the personal information we collect from learner for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until learner request that we remove the data by contacting our Student Service Center at the address or telephone number detailed below.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We recognize that learner privacy is important to learner, and therefore we endeavor to keep learner personal information confidential. The personal and demographic information about each user is stored on our servers that are behind a firewall and physically housed within a secured data center. Furthermore, our internal practices help protect learner privacy by limiting employee access to and use of such information. However, we do not represent, warrant, or guarantee that learner personal information will be protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, or alterations, and do not accept any liability for the security of such information submitted to us nor for learner or third parties' use or misuse of such information.
Questions, Complaints and Dispute Resolution
National Healthcare Institute, LLC.
P.O. Box 140214
Coral Gables, FL 33114