Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify important pathophysiology concepts common to the care of patients using pharmaceuticals
- Describe the pharmacology of common medications
- Select the proper pharmacotherapeutics based on the clinical presentation.
- Incorporate evidence-based changes into practice
- Check your accrediting board for specific pharmacotherapeutics requirement. All re-certifying Nurse Practitioners (NP) and Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) must complete the 25-contact hour requirement.
- Purchase the BoardVitals Nursing Pharmacotherapy activity.
- Answer questions to earn credits. For each 1 contact hours the learner must complete 20 test questions.
- Upon completion of the entire test bank, learner may receive 25 contact hours or may redeem a portion of the 25 contact hours by increments of 1 contact hour at a time.
- Generate a certificate of completion PDF for your own records.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 65 CME credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) through the joint-providership of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education (provider) and BoardVitals.
Faculty and Planning Committee
- Catherine Bevil, EdD, RN
- Michael Gooch, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, CFRN, CTRN, CEN, EMT-P
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Kathy Morris, DNP, APRN-NP
- Andrea Paul, MD
- Lufei Young, PhD, ACNP, APRN-NP